That's it. It's our last release for 2020 😱 We wrapped up the year with a hackathon and a bug bash. The update is packed with small improvements and we couldn't resist to release some of our hacks. It's been great to rock this crazy year with all of you. We'll close the virtual Raycast HQ for a couple of days to recharge. See you all in 2021 🎆
🔖 Browser Bookmarks
We've added a new and frequently requested extension for searching your browser bookmarks. Search your bookmarks by name, domain, or tag, and open and copy links via the Action Panel. You can enable the extension in the preferences and choose your browser sources–currently we support the default profile of Chrome and Safari including reading list items. Happy browsing!
📝 Floating Notes
During the hackathon, we built a simple notes extension that stays on top of all other windows. The notes are a great way to write down your daily to-dos, prepare a tweet or jot down a thought you want to pick up later. You can enable Floating Notes in Preferences → Extensions.
💡 Pro tip: Use shortcuts to toggle the notes window for even quicker access.
- Auto-switch Keyboard Layout: Now you can enforce Raycast to always switch to English input source when opening the window. Can be useful for people who often jump between english and other languages. You can enable this feature in Preferences → Preview tab.
- Calculator: Improved copying of unformatted answers (e.g., does not copy currency symbol)
- Calculator: Added action to replace input with answer for multi-step calculations
- Linear: Added fallback search for issues
- Reminders: Improved sorting for reminders with due dates
- Reminders: Added time for due dates inline for quicker readability
- G Suite: Added action to open files in Google Chrome
- Dashboard Scripts: Added last refresh time to command palette title
- Dashboard Scripts: Added display of alias shortcuts
- Clipboard History: Added support for formatted / rich text
- Clipboard History: Added a preference to set direct paste as primary action
- File Search: Now you can drag files out of Raycast window using mouse
- File Search: Calendar events, contacts card data and contact groups are not displayed any more in the list of search results
- File Search: Improved preview display performance for certain file types
- Preferences: Added keyboard navigation (
↓) for the extension list
- Preferences: The empty "buffer" area below lists can now be scrolled
- Window management: Fixed a bug where windows with their center outside of the screen couldn't be moved or scaled
- Reminders: Fix keyboard shortcut to create reminder and close Raycast window afterwards
- Reminders: Fixed opening the date picker drop down when a number is entered
- Calendar: Fixed a bug when joining Zoom calls would fail when Zoom wasn't installed
- Preferences: Fixed a bug where preference shortcuts where broken after entering an alias