Product Designer, Teams
Design the productivity layer that empowers teams to do their best work.
Raycast is your productivity hub at work. We're looking for an experienced designer that brings the Raycast experience to teams. It's time to eliminate busywork in a collaborative way that changes profoundly how we get work done.
Productivity is personal. What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for somebody else. Folks work with different tools and have different habbits. However, it's different when you look at teams: They have a similar setup. They use tools in the same way to optimize their workflows. And they want to make sure that new joiners onboard rapidly. This is the perfect environment for Raycast, a tool that you have to learn once and apply to every productivity problem you have. Optimizing each others productivity makes a team ship faster, adds focus on the work that matters and saves the company money. Raycast becomes the productivity layer of championship teams.
We're a fully remote company and looking for candidates in the UTC timezone (London, Lisbon, Dakar, ...) ± 3 hours. This position is for a full-time employment.
In this role you will...
- Design end to end experiences across the whole Raycast ecosystem. Create flows, prototypes, and visuals for features with a focus on share-ability in teams. Think of shared bookmarks for teams, a private extensions Store and more.
- Build a brand around productivity. Enhance our brand identity with visuals and marketing material. Go beyond the surface, showcase how teams use Raycast and guarantee a design that attracts developers and teams, and help us to stand out.
- Work closely with the co-founders together. We have a striving community of developers that are eager to build extensions for themselves and their teams. Collaborate closely with both founders to serve our community with the tooling they need to make their teams more productive.
- Co-own the product and work self-directed. We're a small team of individual contributors. Everybody has autonomy and responsibility. You work on features from ideation over release to maintenance and shape the roadmap of the product.
- Wear many hats. In a small startup, we're all generalists. You might add a new page to our website, put together illustrations for a changelog entry, or write a blog post about a new feature you've been working on.
- Collaborate with other designers. To build the best product out there, you'll work closely with your peers together. Share ideas, polish designs and make each other better to establish a world-class design team that makes waves!
You will be a great fit if...
- You're highly productive while designing quality UX. We release updates every 1-2 weeks. You break down big projects in small deliverables, well-presented to engineers, and move fast based on user feedback. You prefer small solutions and know when to improve something.
- You are passionate about clean and simple interfaces. We care about efficient human-computer interactions and optimize for keyboard interactions. You keep things simple and are willing to iterate on something multiple times to get it right.
- You don't shy away going deep into topics. Transitioning a tool from single to multi-player isn't easy. You like to dive deep into topics, speak to users and figure things out. Unknowns fire you up and you're self-organized to come up with an action plan.
- You put our users first. Throughout Raycast you find many little details. You pay attention to detail and provide our users a delightful experience. You can't stand bugs and don't shy away from our community and the user feedback.
- You like to establish a brand. Raycast isn't just a tool. We are building a brand for productivity tools. Ideally you establish our visual language with marketing material, illustrations and icons.
- Figma for every pixel. Our design system is built with Figma, using components and variants to keep all our design documents in sync and consistent. Engineers use a corresponding color and icon set in the codebase to keep everything aligned.
- Modern work tools for everything. Linear for issue tracking, GitHub as source control, Slack for internal communication, Around for meetings and video calls, Notion as knowledge base and a few others. As a team, we enjoy using CleanShot, Bear, Things and more Mac apps.
How to apply?
Now that you know about us, we would like to learn more about you. Send us an engaging message at firstname.lastname@example.org with information you think is relevant. Tell us why you want to join the team, what excites you about the problem we're solving and how you envision your role at Raycast. Read more about our application process.