People Operations Manager
Own the people experience across our fully distributed remote team.
Raycast makes it simple, fast and delightful to control your tools. We're looking for a People Operations Manager to catalyst our mission-critical efforts to hire, develop and retain an exceptional talent.
Modern teams rely on countless third party tools. Many of these tools have moved to the browser and operating systems haven't caught up with this trend. The simplest things take way too many clicks and staring at loading indicators has become a norm. Context switching is a pain and hardly any work gets done. Raycast is our attempt to calm this jungle of distractions. Without leaving the application, you can create an issue in Jira, search documents in Google Drive, or join a Zoom call.
We're looking for a self-starter who acts as a strategic designer, builder and champion for our engineering-centric and customer-oriented culture and will serve as part of the company’s leadership team, collaborating to continuously evolve our high-performance, high-engagement crew.
We're a fully remote company and looking for candidates in the UTC timezone (London, Lisbon, Dakar, ...) ± 3 hours. This position is for a full-time employment.
In this role you will...
- Own “people” experience across the full employee life cycle. You are the go-to person for everything people related. From the first impressions of the job postings through the interview experience to the development, compensation and growth of the team.
- Handle day-to-day business operations. You manage payroll of our remote team, quarterly reviews and other financials. Additionally, you collaborate with our vendors and oversee the compliance of our remote setup.
- Manage external communications. We're in constant exchange with other startups, news sites and individuals. You help spread the word of Raycast and attract valuable partnerships.
- Bring our remote team together. Being a fully distributed remote team has its own challenges. You organize team events, make sure everybody has what they need to be productive and find creative ways to engage as a team. For now virtually. Later, when the world goes back to normal, in person.
- Wear many hats. In such a small startup, we're all generalists. One day you write a blog post about our remote culture. Another day you send swag to our community members. You feel energized by learning and strive when working on something new.
You will be a great fit if...
- You've worked in a fast-paced environment. Working at startups isn't everyone's cup of tea. You've done it before and know what you sign up for. You can apply previous experiences and hit the ground running.
- You're passionate about create a diverse team. Diverse teams don't just happen by themselves. You care about building a team where people of all backgrounds are encouraged to do their best work.
- You get things done. We're at a stage of the company where output matters. You can drive initiatives with little guidance and push things over the finish line.
- You're a productivity nerd. You're familiar with the modern productivity stack for teams, including Notion, Front and Slack. Furthermore, you try to shave off seconds of your repetitive workflows and can't stand slow tools.
How to apply?
Now that you know about us, we would like to learn more about you. Send us an engaging message at email@example.com with information you think is relevant. Tell us why you want to join us, what excites you about the problem we're solving and how you envision your role at Raycast. Then we take it from there.